Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Featured interview on LYST.

Check out my featured interview on LYST ! 



Q&A with Karen of .KARENCYAN.
Our newest blogger Karen of .KARENCYAN., who hails from Malaysia, brings us a new attitude on style. Being inspired by the likes of Tavi and her dream of U.S. puts a whole new perspective on the idea of trend. Creating insane DIY’s and masking trend for legitimate, curated taste, this girl is sure to go far. Check out what Karen has to say about New York, Tavi and cheesy 60’s music.

What is your favourite undiscovered blog/website?

lyst.com,lookbook.nu,thestylerookie.com and paledivision.blogspot.com


If you could steal someone’s career, whose would you choose?

I would like to become Tavi Gevinson (I’m not going to steal her). Tavi is a young famous blogger who launched her blog Style Rookie in year 2008. Tavi inspired me to become a fashion blogger.

What’s your most embarrassing fashion mistake?

Wrong clothing combination. In some of the occasion, my outfit seems to be not matching well with my shoes. In order to not let this miserable embarrassment to occur in my life, I used to have few pairs of shoes ‘standing by’ just in my car.


What’s the latest thing you’ve done involving your blog?

Hmmm, I changed my blog title and the content to be more simple and classy. Recently, I’ve been started to blog about my daily outfit posts and sharing latest inspiration sources to my viewers.  


What is your favourite movie wardrobe?

I’m a huge fans of the TV series drama ‘Gossip Girl’, partly because of the way Taylor Momsen dresses herself, she looks awesomely hot with her grungy rock style in the movie.


Words to live by/best advice you have ever been given?

Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.-Coco Chanel

Most treasured possession?

My kitten, Miaoz - The blind cat. That’s the most joyful moment being together with my kitten. I enjoy the time when we stay on my bed, he sleeps by my side, snoring. He could make me grin like a small girl, always.


Leather or lace?

Leather. I’m not a big fan of  wearing dresses and skirts. I used to get some oversized boy tees, rip jeans and sneaker shoes. I’ll feel much better and comfortable while wearing all these things.

New York or London?

New York !! I <3 NY and I will always. New York lifestyle always mesmerizes me. I always dreamed of the nightlife, a truly fun experience.

Love or Lust?

Love. Well, I’m more into a secure relationship. It gives me happiness. 

Talent you would love to have?

I want to improve my cooking skills all the time. I love to eat and share this love to everyone I care.

Favourite designer?

Alexander Mcqueen, British famous designer, best known for his knowledge of British tailoring. His talent was magnificent. He’ll always will be the one who reminds me the great purpose of becoming a fashion designer.


What keeps you up at night?

I listen to some cheesy 60’s song or watching tv drama with my ipod during the night. Love the time while staying alone and calling my best friends. We used to talk much before sleep, nothing is more important than a good night conversation. 

Where’s home?

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Malaysia is  blessed with harmony and multi racial nationality. The weather here is always rainy and sunny. You can always find delicious food, around the corner of the city.

What’s your favourite fashion tip?

You can never fail on wearing the off white tee with jeans.They just look perfect together, too good to be true.

If you could buy anything on Lyst right now, what would it be?
The Demanta clutch from Alexander McQueen.
Follow Karen’s Lyst and don’t forget to check out her picks below!

No comments:

Post a Comment